Picturesque location. Friendly team. Hands on role.
The Outdoor Education Group is one of the largest providers of outdoor learning in Australia with a reputation for quality and innovation. As a Catering Coordinator in the Residential Camps Team, you will support programs that aid The Outdoor Education Group to realise the potential to make outdoor learning accessible to more young people.
You will take ownership of the preparation, cooking and serving of meals at Camp Marysville, ensuring appropriate quality and quantity and adherence with safe food handling practices. The role includes managing and organising a small team of kitchen staff.
Applications will include:
• Cover letter addressing job criteria
Closing Date: Friday 31st July, 2020. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For more information and a full position description please email email@example.com or call 1800 888 900.
All employees of The Outdoor Education Group are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.
The Outdoor Education Group strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience in a commercial cooking environment
- Demonstrated experience and/or qualifications in the management of food safety, team leadership and awareness of good OH&S practises, including a current Supervisor’s Food Handling Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Customer focused with a proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to make decisions that improve delivery for the camp and align with the organisation’s strategic direction while controlling the cost base
- Ability to work alongside your team and operate under pressure
- Available to work a flexible roster and be on call