Use extraordinary locations to create extraordinary experiences.
You are passionate about the outdoors, student education and facilitating exceptional experiences.
You understand the balance between adventure and education for students in new spaces and places.
You’re willing to learn and mentor peers.
You demonstrate strong initiative and a proactive, positive nature.
You’ll be as committed to excellence as the rest of the team.
We are looking for experienced Outdoor Educators to facilitate journeys for school students, primarily in Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia and South Australia.
As an OEG Outdoor Educator, you will have an appropriate qualification and 2+ years’ experience in the field.
This experience in an outdoor education or related field, with recognised competency, needs to be supported with logged experience in the following activities:
• Climbing, Abseiling OR High Ropes
• Mountain Biking
A Leaders Wilderness First Aid (50hrs minimum) or equivalent is required for Journey programs.
WE THINK YOU’RE IMPORTANT
We think you and your experiences are important, and our benefits reflect that. OEG offers:
• Flexibility through a range of roles, both year-long casual contracts and long-term salaried roles
• Industry-leading onboarding programs, suited to your level
• Continuous professional development
• Dedicated support teams
• The opportunity to extend your skills and experience
• A supportive and collaborative community
• A flexible and adaptive work environment
The Outdoor Education Group (OEG) is a for-purpose organisation, seeking to make learning outdoors accessible to all young Australians.
We help young Australians realise their personal best by creating experiences in the outdoors to grow their sense of self and the core skills that will help them navigate their future.
We help students grow; we help schools perform. And we help parents enjoy more mature, independent children. From providing industry-leading pre-set courses to fully tailored, curriculum-integrated programs, we connect with schools across the country to bring education outdoors.
Founded in 1984, we employ 400+ diversely talented and experienced staff, and even have our own accredited training academy. To date, we’ve educated and cared for 2 million students (and counting).
OEG is part of a big and brilliant country, and our national presence provides extraordinary experiences for students in some of the world’s most diverse and beautiful natural environments.
We need your help to deliver these experiences and impact these young Australians.
HOW TO GET THE JOB
Applications should include:
• Cover letter highlighting your qualifications, competencies and experience
• Logbook (please request template)
All employees of The Outdoor Education Group are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and a Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.
Applications close 01 November 2019 for start date 13 January 2020.
The Outdoor Education Group is a child and youth safe organisation committed to the protection of children and young people. All successful applicants will be carefully screened.
- Two years experience in outdoor education or related field desirable.
- Logged experience in the following areas: Bush Walking/Trekking, Canoeing, Ropes/Climbing and Mountain Biking
- A Wilderness First Aid (50hrs minimum) or WFR is required for journey-based programs in VIC, NSW and SA (Remote First Aid certification required for WA).