Burwood location. Flexible hours. 2 direct reports.
The Outdoor Education Group (OEG) is Australia’s most established outdoor education provider. OEG partners with schools to complement and enhance curriculum by providing challenging experiences to students in some of the world’s most diverse and beautiful natural environments. OEG employs 400+ diversely talented and experienced staff, and even has their own accredited training academy. To date, they have educated over 2 million students (and counting!).
As the Senior HR Manager, you will have the autonomy to manage all activities and processes necessary to ensure the delivery of a quality Human Resources service to the business and drive national recruitment of fit for purpose and capable staff. You will have real purpose and meaning by contributing to the performance, reputation and growth of OEG.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Plan and implement strategies and actions that support the achievement of OEG vision and objectives.
• Manage and organise the HR department’s people and resources in accordance with OEG annual budgets, business plans, policies and procedures, and to maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
• Take responsibility for the performance and development of Staff in your Team.
• Develop and implement a National recruitment strategy.
• Supervise and manage the continual improvement of the current Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
This is a unique opportunity to join an accomplished organisation offering the best employment conditions in the industry with roles across the country. This role will suit someone who is passionate about HR but also creating the best possible outcomes for students, schools, communities, and parents alike.
Please do not apply directly through OEG. All applications for this role are to be directed through https://tinyurl.com/y695v4rn
- A passion for outdoor education and the benefits it brings to young Australians.
- Qualifications and proven experience in managing and directing Human Resource management systems and recruitment processes and activities across a multi-site organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret Australian workplace and recruitment laws and compliance requirements.
- The ability to develop strategies which will be compliant and in the best interests of OEG and its personnel.
- Ability to undertake major change management in an orderly and logical manner and present change in a positive light to all those working within OEG.
- An experienced and effective people leader and team player with strong delegation skills.
- An ability to operate professionally and pragmatically when dealing with sensitive personnel issues.
- An appreciation for the nuances of the outdoor education sector and the relative position of OEG.