Provide activity support to our Outdoor Educators. Significant experience required.
The Outdoor Education Group is one of the largest providers of outdoor learning in Australia with a reputation for quality and innovation. As a Specialist Activity Support staff member, you will act as a subject matter expert in the activity you are supporting and support the Outdoor Educator so that they can continue to facilitate the program to aid The Outdoor Education Group to realise the potential to make outdoor learning accessible to more young people.
As a Specialist Activity Support member your responsibilities will include:
• Carry out activities in compliance with The Outdoor Education Group’s risk management practice and policies as outlined in the Field Practice Manual.
• Maintain and promote the welfare of the group, using support network as needed to resolve conflict and develop a positive group climate in meeting activity challenges.
• Facilitate effective group management and individual learning at all times.
• Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with the school staff members and other support staff (internal and external) while carrying out the activity.
• Practice and teach “Leave No Trace” principles, encourage discussion and behaviour that promotes these.
• Be accountable and take responsibility for the care of all gear, resources and equipment in your control.
It is expected that you will be able to demonstrate significant experience in outdoor recreation, commercial guiding or related field with evidence of logged hours in one or more of the following areas:
- Mountain Biking
- High Ropes
You will have a Wilderness First Aid qualification (or equivalent) along with a Cert IV, Diploma or Degree in Outdoor Education/Recreation or equivalent.
Applications will include
• Cover letter, addressing key job criteria
For further information and a full position description please contact our Careers Team at email@example.com or 1800 888 900.
Closing Date – 28 Dec 2019
All employees of The Outdoor Education Group are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application, or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.
A passion for having a positive social impact
Maintain professionalism with respect to the OEG community and our clients
Adopt strategies which account for changes to the group, individuals and nature of the program.
Identify and manage hazards on a continual basis
The ability to tow equipment trailers e.g. Canoe or Mountain Bike would be highly advantageous.