Year 8 Wilsons Promontory
Kilvington Grammar School
Exploring the Outdoors; an introduction to accepting challenge and trying new things
BushwalkingBe it a day's hike or a short walk to camp, bushwalking engages all our senses allowing us to explore nature and our place within it. And we always find something exciting along the way!
CampingCamping out in tents is our speciality! We love telling stories around the campfire, looking up at the night sky and creating memories that will last a lifetime!
CanoeingFollowing the flow of the river, we love to explore the waterways on our canoes. Working as a team, using our muscles and problem-solving together to reach our base for the night.
Marine DiscoveryLooking at a peaceful pond is nice but we'd rather learn about the ecosystems thriving in it. We may also get out hands a little dirty but we think that's the best way to learn!
SurfingFirst we try our skills on the sand, then we take our boards to the shallows and test our balance, determination and courage!
26/04/2023 to 28/04/2023
Arrive 7:15am for a 7:30am departure
- Bring a packed lunch from home for the first day (no nuts)
- Full water bottles
- Nut free program
- From afternoon tea on the first day the program is fully catered by OEG
- Personal medications- with letter from parents regarding administration
- Leave your phone/electronics at home
- Small personal hand sanitiser
- All bags will be stored in an enclosed trailer overnight (not in tents)